YOU ARE WELCOME HERE!
Come be a part of our San Francisco Bay Area Jewish community.
At BIJ we pride ourselves on our welcome and warmth. All are welcome at our services and events. We know how important it is to find a spiritual home, a place where Jewish community is valued and real. Our home is open to Jews and their non-Jewish family and friends. The congregation is a member of the Union for Reform Judaism.
A BIJ, you can find new friends, nurture your faith, and serve the Jewish people in the Bay Area and in the world around us.
Join us for our Shabbat dinners and musical services, for concerts , social events and cheering with our crowd at a baseball game!
Learning is part of our DNA. We offer classes and programs for adults and children, including Hebrew instruction, preparation for Bar & Bat Mitzvah, Torah study, and holiday preparation. Our Rabbi Danny Gottlieb brings a wealth of deep Torah knowledge and insights based on his rabbinical training at Leo Baeck College in London, England, and as a member of the Institute of Jewish Spirituality’s 4th Rabbinic cohort. His experience and training makes our Torah study, Parashah commentary, and Shabbat derashot insightful as well as approachable.
WEEKLY SERVICES & TORAH STUDY
Torah Study Shabbat Mornings at 8:45am
Shabbat Service follows at ~10:00am
COMING SOON AT BETH ISRAEL JUDEA!
- Friday, November 16, 7:30pm: Shabbat in the ‘Hood The third Shabbat of the month we celebrate in members’ homes. This Shabbat we will be in Balboa Terrace. Please call the synagogue office for details!
- No Friday Night Feast for November 23: (Day After Thanksgiving)
- Friday, November 30, 6:30pm: Fifth Friday! Celebrate this special fifth Friday of the month with a Pot-Luck Shabbat dinner and Shabbat melodies with our friends from Or Shalom. Please bring a main dish/sides/dessert to share!
- Friday, December 7, 6:30pm: Shabbat Chanukah Join us on this sixth night of Chanukah as we celebrate the liberation of the ancient temple. Bring a main course and sides to share, we’ll provide the latkes and “sufganiyot” (donuts)!! And don’t forget to bring your own chanukiyot (menorahs) to light…!
- (No Tot Shabbat this December)
Monthly Erev Shabbat Service Schedule Reference
1st Friday – Shabbat Shelanu jointly with B’nai Emunah
2nd Friday – Sacred Hebrew Chant & Drum, an “alternative” style musical service
3rd Friday – Neighborhood Shabbat, hosted by congregants in private homes in either San Francisco or on the Peninsula
4th Friday – Friday Night Feast, free catered dinner and program with special guest speaker
Coming in January! Art from the Holy Land!
Thursday, January 17th – Sunday, January 20th, 2019
Mark your calendars for a special week of exciting activities! More details soon!
Beth Israel Judea’s office is open Tuesday – Thursday, 10am – 5pm, and Friday from 10am – 3pm. We are closed for most Jewish holidays.
Contact us at 1.415.586.8833 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t miss a service or an event! Transportation assistance is available. Please contact the office to make arrangements.